Who is responsible for data collection and treatment?
Júlio Teixeira, S.A., is a commercial entity that provides health care and health services.
The services practiced by Júlio Teixeira, S.A. consist in medical acts provided by qualified professionals, lawfully accredited for such acts. Júlio Teixeira, S.A. is the entity responsible for collecting and processing your personal data, and may, within the scope of its activity, use entities subcontracted by itself for the purposes indicated herein.
What is considered personal data?
Personal data is any information of any nature and regardless of its support, including sound and image, relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. Any person who can be identified directly or indirectly, namely by reference to an identification number or one or more specific elements of his / her physical, physiological, psychic, economic, cultural or social identity, shall be considered identifiable.
What personal data are received and treated?
Júlio Teixeira, S.A. collects and treats, among others, the following personal data:
• Human Resources: name, e-mail address and resume;
• Information to clients regarding Júlio Teixeira, S.A. and their respective internal units: name and e-mail address;
• Provisioning health care services: name, address, telephone, e-mail address, identification document data, health plan or insurance, beneficiary or policy number, insurance company, health data, namely those included in the clinical and medical questionnaire owned by Júlio Teixeira, SA and other data necessary for the provision of health care services, when making consultations, doctor’s appointments and medical treatments and examinations through the website, the mobile application or directly in the health units where it provides services;
• Invoicing of consultations, treatments and examinations carried out at Júlio Teixeira, SA: name, address, tax identification number, insurer, beneficiary number, health plan when using a plan or health insurance to bill the treatments performed, on the website of each of the insurers or health plan, only when requested.
By browsing the website, Júlio Teixeira, S.A. may collect information about the computer, including IP address, operating system and browser used for administrative purposes and aggregation of information for our advertisers.
Júlio Teixeira, S.A., will treat personal data belonging to minors of age or users with disabilities, after consent of the person who exercises the parental authority or legal guardian.
Júlio Teixeira, S.A. assumes that the data was supplied and submitted by its owner and that authorization for data usage and data treatment is given for the effect, therefore presuming that the same are true and up to date.
How will your personal data be collected?
Data can be collected by the following means:
• Electronic mail (e-mail);
• Website (site);
• Application (App);
• Telephone calls to Júlio Teixeira, S.A. (call center);
• Ordinary Mail (letter or order);
• In person (personally).
The collected data are processed and stored in a secure and computerized way and in the strict compliance with the legislation of protection of personal data being stored in a specific database created for this purpose by Júlio Teixeira, S.A. or by the entities contracted by Júlio Teixeira SA. The laws mentioned above are the Data Protection Act 67/98 and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2016/679.
Much of the personal data collected on the website is mandatory, and in case of lack or insufficiency of these data, Júlio Teixeira, S.A. may not be able to provide the services or information requested. In each case, Júlio Teixeira, S.A. will inform you of the mandatory nature of the provision of the personal data in question.
What is the purpose of the data collected?
Your personal data is intended for an electronic file and secure personal data
information system that A Júlio Teixeira, S.A. may use for the following purposes:
a) Marking of consultations and examinations;
b) Provision of health care services and constitution of clinical process;
c) Sending of results of examinations and analyzes by mail or by secure e-mail;
d) Billing, returns and verification of means of payment;
e) Publicity – provision of the necessary information about Júlio Teixeira, S.A., namely news and opportunities that may be of interest to the user;
f) Management of complaints and customer support;
g) Contacts agenda;
h) Compliance with other legal or regulatory obligations;
i) conducting market studies, evaluation surveys and statistical analyzes;
In order to pursue the purposes identified above, Júlio Teixeira, S.A. may proceed to the interconnection of the data collected, with the purpose of updating and completing such data or information.
What is the basis for the processing of your data?
The data treatments associated with the purposes of points a) to d) are based on the contractual relationship established between itself (the client) and Júlio Teixeira SA (health care services provider).
The data treatments associated with the purpose of letter e) are based on your consent, or the legitimate interest if you are already our client. The costumer will always be able to oppose, to marketing communication sent to you, to prevent similar communications.
The data treatments associated with purposes f) and h) are based on compliance with legal obligations.
The data treatments associated with purposes e) (in cases where it is our client) and g) and i) are based on the legitimate interests of Júlio Teixeira, S.A.
The treatments associated with purpose j) are based on the establishment of precontractual relations.
With whom are your data shared?
The data collected and held by Júlio Teixeira, S.A. may be transmitted, with due respect for the duty of confidentiality and the principle of the purpose that led to its collection, for the following entities:
• Judicial or administrative authorities, in cases in which such assignment is mandatory, namely, Directorate General of Health and Regional Health Administration;
• Insurance companies and health subsystems;
• Health professionals subject to confidentiality;
• Human resources and recruitment companies;
• Subcontractors that will process the data on behalf of Júlio Teixeira, S.A. and according to the purposes determined by it.
Cookies are small pieces of information that can help you identify your browser, and which can store information, for example, user settings and preferences. Júlio Teixeira, S.A. may store cookies on your device to personalize and facilitate the maximum browsing, not providing those same cookies references or personal data of the user. For more information you should read our Cookies Policy.
What are your rights?
Under the terms of the Personal Data Protection Act and General Data Protection Regulation, we guarantee the following rights:
• Right of access: data subjects have the right to know whether or not personal data concerning them are being processed;
• Right of rectification: data subjects are entitled to obtain the rectification of their personal data, e.g., data that is out of date, incorrect or incomplete.
• Right of opposition: data subjects are entitled to oppose the processing of their personal data at any time. Júlio Teixeira, S.A., shall immediately cease processing, unless it presents weighty and legitimate reasons for such treatment that prevail over the interests, rights and freedom of data subjects, or, for reasons of defense in a judicial proceeding;
• Right of limitation: the right to limit the way that Júlio Teixeira treat personal data collected is guaranteed;
• Right to erasure: it is guaranteed that within the exceptions established by law, the holders of personal data have the right to obtain the elimination of their personal data when one of the following situations occurs:
• The data are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected or processed;
• The holder withdraws the consent, when the treatment is necessarily based on it and there is no other legal basis for the treatment of the data;
• The holder opposes the processing of personal data used for automated and / or profiling purposes;
• When the personal data has been treated unlawfully.
• Right to portability (data transfer between similar entities): the data owner may obtain and re-use his data for his own purposes. Regarding the clinical process, the rules of secrecy inherent in the provision of health services will be applied. You may also submit complaints to the Comissão Nacional de Proteção de Dados or your country’s (EU only) Personal Data Regulation Entity. You must choose one and complaint only to one entity.
We also give you the right to object to the use of the data provided for marketing purposes, to send informative communications or to include them in lists or information services. If you do not do it when collecting the data, you can send a request later.
The exercise of these rights may be accomplished through the following ways:
• e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org;
• Address: Rua Arquiteto Cassiano Barbosa, 6F, Sala 26, 4100-009 Porto | to the care of the Data Protection Officer, Nuno Mateus Coelho, PhD, MsEng.
For how long is your data stored?
The length of time during which the data is stored and stored varies according to the purpose for which the information is processed. Where there is no specific legal requirement, data shall be stored and retained only for the minimum period necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or later processed, after which time the data shall be deleted.
You can exercise your rights and request a detailed data retention period table.
Is your data safely treated?
Júlio Teixeira, S.A. is committed to ensuring the protection of the security of your data.
To that end, it has adopted a number of technical and organizational security measures in order to protect the personal data it makes available to us against its unauthorized diffusion, loss, misuse, alteration, treatment or access, as well as against any other form of illicit treatment.
Júlio Teixeira, S.A. requires from its subcontractors and its partners the adoption of safety measures equivalent to those it practices and by contract required proof of it.
Notwithstanding the security measures practiced by Júlio Teixeira, SA, the user shall take additional security measures, namely to ensure that he / she uses equipment and a properly updated security browser with active firewall, antivirus and antispyware, is aware of the authenticity of the websites that you visit on the internet, avoiding websites in whose reputation you do not trust.
Júlio Teixeira, S.A. acknowledges that it may communicate data of the users / users in the scope of merger, acquisition and / or incorporation processes in which it is found, not considering this communication as a transfer of data to third parties, nor if there is any subcontracted treatment.
Júlio Teixeira, S.A. may also transmit data to third parties in the context of investigations, inquiries and judicial and / or administrative proceedings or of a similar nature, provided that it is duly ordered by judicial order accordingly.
Transfer of data
In case of data transfers to other countries that do not belong to the European Union or the European Economic Area, Júlio Teixeira, SA will comply with the law, in particular with regard to the suitability of the country of destination for the protection of personal data and to the requirements that apply to these transfers, and personal data are not transferred to jurisdictions that do not provide security and protection guarantees.
The use of Júlio Teixeira, S.A.’s social networks may imply the transmission of data to providers of social media services, which may be based outside the European Union or the European Economic Area. Júlio Teixeira, S.A. is not responsible for the data that the user makes available on social networks.